Tuesday, October 9, 2012

small hours

If it is already tomorrow, but it is the small hours and you have not yet slept, does putting up a post count as tomorrow's post or yesterday's?  And does it in any case count as a post to say that it is already tomorrow and you have not yet slept? I would say yes.  Especially as I did not post yesterday, which is still today as it does not really become tomorrow until there has been a period of sleep between now and then.  So what I have come here to say is that although it is tomorrow it is actually still yesterday, or it is neither and I am therefore sitting inside the Tardis otherwise known as Signs Cottage wondering if I still exist or whether I slipped into a black hole between the stroke of midnight and the second that followed.  That is not actually what I have come here to say.  But let it stand, because the fact of my saying anything at all is a) proof that I do in fact exist and b) counts as yesterday's post.  So I am still on track.  And anyone who wants to argue with that is, in fact, a mashed potato.  Thank you.

4 comments:

D Phoenix said...

And if it is still today here and tomorrow there am I reading the future or the past? Is my brain mashed potatoes?

Anna MR said...

It is a scientifically-proven fact that it doesn't become tomorrow until one has slept in between today and it. Therefore, if you have total insomnia and don't sleep a wink, it doesn't become tomorrow at all, leaving you stranded in a never-ending today. Which is not a nice place to be.

We all live in the future of our pasts. Except total insomniacs, they live in the past of their futures. Trust me on this.

x

Cusp said...

well now it IS today but then I think that even when you, maybe, thought you were writing yesterday it was today. I only wish you had let me know sooner, because I was awake and downstairs pottering yesterday/today and we could have held our own little private two night owl workshop :) x

Reading the Signs said...

Friends, you have added a pleasing complexity to what is now, mercifully, the past of my future. Cusp, I was sending out hoots. Didn't you hear?