Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sick Mac

My laptop keeps overheating and puffing out air.  When I searched online to see what might be causing this, I read that one should think of it like a person that is overworking and sweating.  It made me feel bad, as though I was pushing it into overdrive, though I'm not doing anything that should make this happen.  I am wondering if it is mirroring something.  I do not want a laptop with M.E. or chronic fatigue.  I want it to carry on being Mac Airy and yes-can-do, not a sick thing that keeps having to put its lid down to take a nap, and even then it keeps puffing and sweating.  it has a temperature.  I can feel it's hot underside.

8 comments:

Anna MR said...

Do you have him/her on your lap or atop the bed or otherwise on a soft, cushiony surface? For I find my McAiry gets hot and bothered more easily those times. If you want to (or if the ME Bastard necessitates) blog/compute/McAir from bed, maybe you could try a big tray or similar underneath. There's something about being on a soft surface that messes up the poor creatures (otherwise impeccable) self-cooling system.

An all serious comment! Well whaddaya know.

Hope this helps.

x

Reading the Signs said...

Yes I've noticed that. But it has been getting hot and bothered even when on a hard surface. Have closed down a few things that might have been using unnecessary energy - and Mr. S has downloaded something or other. McAiry seems more serene now and is resting atop a copy of the Rialto

We sound nicely sensible and measured, don't you think. Not at all the kind of people who would end every comment with a certain 'b' word.

Anna MR said...

No, you know, given we're grown-ups and intellectuals at that, swearing for the fun of it is a load of unnecessary, crude bollocks.

Fire Bird said...

wishing mac better soon - Rialto eh? who knew

Cusp said...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Targus-Lap-Chill-Mat-17-inch/dp/B002Q8X3L2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349861784&sr=8-3

We bought one of these. Made a huge difference. Luckily the Co-Op were selling them off at £10. Sure you must be able to get them cheaper than Amazon x

Reading the Signs said...

Anna, absolutely - though it is a well-known fact that talented artisticos (Mozart) sometimes use language that is just plain scatological and filthy. But to my knowledge he never said bollocks.

F B, I know - but I haven't yet persuaded them to take one of my poems!

Cusp, this looks cool in every sense. Thanks. Finger on the Amazon button.

Anna MR said...

Well, I believe good old Wolfgang A said "totaler Quatsch" –auf Deutsch, ja? – instead of "bollocks".

Fire Bird said...

Signs - nor I - though I only tried once...